This is a blog about my journey through accomplishing something that, right now, seems to be a large feat...completing a full marathon and crossing the finish line. I turned 30 this year and part of my bucket list includes running a full marathon in 2010. I plan to write about all my experiences this year as I prepare for the big run in Washington, D.C. - Marine Corps Marathon - on October 31st. Thank you in advance for your comments, suggestions, and most of all, your encouragement.
The distance race is a struggle that results in self discovery. It is an adventure involving the limits of the self.
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Things are looking up!
What a difference a day makes...since my last post on Tuesday my foot has drastically improved! I went to see my chiropractor yesterday and she reassured me that I would get through this. I told her where my pain was and she worked on that area. She also showed me a stretch I can do for my foot during the day. Since the sudden injury, my pain is not staying in one localized area. Instead, it has moved into a few different areas of my foot. If it would have been a stress fracture, the pain would remain localized. Right now, my discomfort is in my toes. I know it probably sounds strange, but it is the ultimate toe cramp kind of feeling. I felt a lot of relief after I left her office yesterday afternoon. I called the girls and planned to run this morning. We did 3 miles this morning and I would report that I felt approximately 90% better than I did Tuesday. The only thing I changed since Tuesday was the fact that I wore my old running shoes. I had been wearing New Balance since November of 2009 and recently switched to Saucony. I'm considering going back to New Balance. The run was a success and I'm icing the toes as I type. The last couple days I have found myself in silent prayers. Whenever I think about my foot I send a little request up above to help me through this. This Saturday was planned to be track work on the training schedule, but the group decided to do bridge repeats instead. Due to the fact that I am not 100% healed and bridge repeats are intense on the feet, I have opted out. Instead, I will run with my running friend, Leah, and we will do a straight run. Most likely, it will be 7-8 miles. More updates to follow after the Saturday run. Thanks for all the positive thoughts and prayers...keep them coming my way!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The most recent poll of your readers indicates that they would like to be kept up-to-date on your nutritional intake. Are you sure you are getting enough calcium ? We are hoping that you have completely given up brownies until after the marathon, and personally I would like it if you would give up the coconut milk ice cream too. I will buy you a gallon of it once the marathon is completed.
Post a Comment