The distance race is a struggle that results in self discovery. It is an adventure involving the limits of the self.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

17+1+1=19

Today was scheduled to be a 17 mile run...however, the weather was perfect and I was feeling a bit zealous, so I completed 19 miles. We started our run at 5am instead of 6am in an effort to avoid as much sunlight (aka HEAT) as possible. But, to my surprise the temperature was 74 degrees at 4am!!! The weather made for a very pleasant run considering we had so many miles to do. There was a great breeze through the entire run, especially on the bridge. I had a nice proportion of fluid intake, along with my Gu and dextrose. I think the last 3 miles were more painful just because I knew I was almost done. I had to work with myself mentally to talk myself through the last few miles. Now I will have a couple weeks of taper runs and then do another moderate run, maybe 15 miles or so? At the end of September I have a 26 mile split run planned with Nancy. So I am done with today's run and I plan to rest, rest, rest. My foot is holding up pretty well right now. I soaked in Epsom Salt and I am icing my feet as I type. Next week calls for more TRX and a couple 3 mile runs. I really am in awe that I did 19 miles today, I can't wait for Marine Corps!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

19 miles is 100,320 ft.

You ran over 100,000 feet !!!!!

100,000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely incredible...

People are in awe...

Literally...

I know of at least 3 who said so today...