The distance race is a struggle that results in self discovery. It is an adventure involving the limits of the self.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Do-Over

This morning's run really aggravated me....I managed to pull myself out of bed and drive to the track and then couldn't complete a full run. So, I made up my mind to go to the bridge tonight with my son. It was a beautiful day and the weather was slightly cooler than usual, with only some major wind at the top of the bridge...but we managed to have a great run and NO SIDE STITCH! This morning must have been a freak occurrence...I am a bit sore from my recent TRX training, specifically under the area of my rib cage. I suspect that some of this soreness may have contributed to a spasm during this mornings run. Either way, I was meant to run again today, and I'm glad that I did. Tomorrow calls for the first day of a new month, an hour run on the track, followed by TRX.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Instead of getting upset at what you couldn't do, be happy with what you could do.

Better be careful when you run with Jason, if he is behind you people will think he is chasing you and call the police, if you are behind him people will think he stole your purse and you are chasing him and call the police...better just leave Mama's lil' slugger at home...just to be safe...