This is a blog about my journey through accomplishing something that, right now, seems to be a large feat...completing a full marathon and crossing the finish line. I turned 30 this year and part of my bucket list includes running a full marathon in 2010. I plan to write about all my experiences this year as I prepare for the big run in Washington, D.C. - Marine Corps Marathon - on October 31st. Thank you in advance for your comments, suggestions, and most of all, your encouragement.
The distance race is a struggle that results in self discovery. It is an adventure involving the limits of the self.
Monday, June 28, 2010
Absence does NOT make the heart grow fonder...
Good Monday Morning!!! Today was day one of back-to-reality boot camp class. I took last week off since I was out of town and it showed today in class. I was some what faithful to my promise of scissor kicks on the hotel room floor...although nothing can compare to the agony of the class. Today was a hard class....I lost count at 80 sets of scissor kicks! We did a plyometric series that literally made me want to cry. I keep telling myself that eventually I will be stronger as a result of this torture. The teacher says its time for a set and reminds us that we "can" do it. And I am grateful that even though it's really hard, I CAN do it. I'm not constricted to a bed or suffering from a major illness. I am NOT lazy and I got my tired self out of bed, so I might as well not waste my time in class. What I do love about the class is the mile run at the end. Today was my first day running in about 2 weeks. I felt strong in my run and my foot was ok. I need to get back to my routine of healthy eating and lots of water this week. I've been surrendering to my sweet tooth a little more than I should lately. So I am setting an intention for the week to be filled with energy, focus, and will power! Have a great week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I've been trying to come up with ways to defeat my sweet tooth. I get debilitating anxiety if I try to just ignore it. It usually hits me around 7pm and I go to bed a little after midnight so I have 5 hours to wrestle with it. If I am really focused on something then it doesn't bother me. It has nothing to do with blood sugar levels so it must be psychological. I'm ready to try hypnotism and black magic. If it wasn't for my sweet tooth I would have 4% body fat by now.
Thanks very good for report, I follow your blog
Post a Comment