This is a blog about my journey through accomplishing something that, right now, seems to be a large feat...completing a full marathon and crossing the finish line. I turned 30 this year and part of my bucket list includes running a full marathon in 2010. I plan to write about all my experiences this year as I prepare for the big run in Washington, D.C. - Marine Corps Marathon - on October 31st. Thank you in advance for your comments, suggestions, and most of all, your encouragement.
The distance race is a struggle that results in self discovery. It is an adventure involving the limits of the self.
Saturday, May 22, 2010
Strong Success
Week 3 - Complete! What a great week...I was able to return to my Tuesday and Thursday morning runs. My third ART treatment was last Monday, which has sustained me through a 4 mile run on Tuesday and Thursday, as well as a 9 mile run today. Today's run was 8 miles of bridge repeats and my knee was quite merciful on me. I would say that as the week has gone by, my pain has decreased during each run. Today's struggle was simply the tortuous heat! My knee pain was only about a 3 or 4 out of 10. I definitely feel that changing my pace group, as well as, interval time has contributed to a much more enjoyable run. It's a great feeling to run strong. Looking forward to the week ahead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Avoid caffeine and dairy products and those morning runs should clear up in no time.
Jon
I think it would be good for you to take 30 grams of Whey Protein Isolate right before bed. Amino Acids do a lot more than just repair tissue. L-Carnitine transports fat to the cell mitochondria to be used as energy, L-Glutathione works as an antioxidant, L-Glutamine is important for muscle tissue repair, L-Arginine is a precursor for nitric oxide which opens up the arteries for better blood flow, there are about 20 amino acids that make up the Whey Protein Isolate and they each have important functions in the body so you want to keep high levels in your blood stream 24 hours a day. That is how you maximize muscle and connective tissue repair and growth.
Jennifer- Thanks for approving of my thoroughly superfluous post; I thought for sure that it was not going to pass muster. Anyway, a film only tangentially concerned with running popped into my head the other day. Gallipoli was the name, and it dealt with two Australian lads who had the misfortune of serving as cannon fodder against the Turks in World War I. One of the lads was a runner, and I always remembered his trainer's words of encouragement: "What are your legs?" (Springs. Steel springs). "What are they going to do?" (Hurtle me down the track.) "How fast can you run?" (As fast as a leopard.) "How fast ARE you going to run?" (As fast as a leopard.) "Then let's see you do it!" Yes, let's see you do it.
Jon
Post a Comment