The distance race is a struggle that results in self discovery. It is an adventure involving the limits of the self.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Change of Plans

This morning was a scheduled 8 mile run, however I was unable to make it. When I woke up this morning I had severe stomach cramps (for reasons not needed to be discussed) and instead of reaching for my running shoes, I had to reach for the heating pad. I was paralyzed from the pain and still tried to convince myself to get up and get dressed. Unfortunately, I was unable and forced to listen to my body. My husband woke up to my agonizing pain and helped me get comfortable. I text messaged Leah and told her I didn't think I could make it this morning. I was able to find some relief from the heating pad and as the cramps subsided, I was able to sleep. When I woke up a couple hours later, I was feeling much better. I did some housework and went out for a 5K run in my neighborhood. Since my body was still slightly weak, I didn't push myself on the miles. But I had to do something since my day was completely thrown off by missing the run with the group. The upcoming week calls for intense training. I will be adding a 4th day of TRX this week. Leah is coming tomorrow for her introduction to TRX....I'm hoping she will like it as much as I do! It's actually a TRX/spin class. I'm also beginning a 4 week specialized class at the YMCA with my trainer. It will be 2 days a week, on Mondays and Wednesdays at 6am. I will continue to do TRX on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays as well. And somehow, manage to fit some runs during the week as well. It will be busy, but it is marathon month! October will be intense training as I prepare for the race on the 31st. Stay tuned for updates on the new class!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at the bright side...you got some extra sleep and your knees and feet didn't take the usual severe beating you give them every Saturday...

If the new class is at 6am when is the TRX ?

Still waiting for a detailed discussion on your nutritional intake and supplement regimen.

Bucket List Runnergirl said...

TRX will be at 7am....I will post a "day in the life" soon and will cover all the nutritional glitz and glam. Especially the Charleston Chews! :-)