This is a blog about my journey through accomplishing something that, right now, seems to be a large feat...completing a full marathon and crossing the finish line. I turned 30 this year and part of my bucket list includes running a full marathon in 2010. I plan to write about all my experiences this year as I prepare for the big run in Washington, D.C. - Marine Corps Marathon - on October 31st. Thank you in advance for your comments, suggestions, and most of all, your encouragement.
The distance race is a struggle that results in self discovery. It is an adventure involving the limits of the self.
Monday, October 4, 2010
Scratch That!
This morning brought some frustrating news...after I managed to pull myself out of bed and head to the YMCA for the High Intensity Training class, I learned that it was cancelled. Apparently, not enough people signed up for the class. I was very frustrated since I was looking forward to it, but figure that everything happens for a reason. I was hesitant at first to sign up for the class just because I didn't want to over-extend myself in new exercises that could lead to a potential injury. I also seriously contemplated the fact that the series was $80 in addition to my monthly membership fee. But, in an effort to increase my stamina, I agreed to do the class and showed up this morning with high hopes. Since I was already dressed and ready for the workout, I ran 3 miles on the treadmill followed by TRX class. I had a great workout this morning despite the change of plans. Looking forward to a great week. The weather is really pleasant the last few days and it makes my run so much more enjoyable. Hoping to squeeze in a personal training session this week, if possible. Stay tuned this week for a post on a "Day in the Life" for nutritional and supplement information on my current regime.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Lets have brownies tomorrow...
Post a Comment